- Discussion of ascent to and inaccessibility of Doarlish Cashen (700 odd feet up a mountain)
- Voirrey having a lock on her door (Why?)
- James losing his lucrative job that allowed him to travel.
- Voirrey being teased at school.
- James talking to Voirrey's teacher about the mongoose.
- The silent Margaret Irving on the sidelines in the Voirrey and Gef show with James as ticket tout.
- The older Voirrey discussing her lack of marriage with a journalist.
The whereabouts of Voirrey's brother and sister (this came as a bit of a surprise to me, because the two elder siblings are absent from the popular literature).
How can I include isolation in the script (without directing from the page)?
- Indicate no or limited physical contact between any of the characters.
- Have scenes where there are set barriers between characters (tables, walls)
- Characters ignored, talked over and run down in dialogue
- Characters present but silent. (i.e. Margaret could simply be a silent presence throughout the entire thing!)
- Frequent character monologues, but with the proviso that Gef could be present.